Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Freedom and Chains

Tuesday 23rd Nov 2010,

Dear brother,

Yesterday marked the end of my 3 years study bond with Singapore. It's the end of the chain. I'm no longer bounded here. I'm free.

Well, almost.

While I am free physically and legally, I cant forget that there are other obligations. I have my family. I have rent. I have my responsibilities. I have limitations in term of where I can go and what I can do. I am, well, ALMOST, free.

I wish to pursue a job that I like, in a country I can breathe, doing the things that I love, with the people that I care about. I know. I know it's too much to ask when you are 25, but one's gotta dream.

It's so far out. Few years back I just thought it'd be different. When the bond is over I can just go. Fly free.

I'm here, working 12 hours day as usual, not improving my knowledge or my conditions. Worse yet, I am losing my confidence as I keep getting rejection or people not interested in hiring me. Sometimes I wonder if my skill, my experience, and my wish to drive to excellence have all gone to waste...

That sad. 3 years have closed, in a blink. I am glad and proud of where I have been and the road I have walked so far. It's a matter of time, and as impatient as I get, I'll try to stay with it and just BE.

I hope I can be home this June, so I can hold your hands and walk you through one of the most challenging time of your life. You'll do fine, but I just want to be there.

Because sometimes, a decision you made that young can end you up in freedom, or chains.

Love

No comments:

Post a Comment