Friday, November 26, 2010

Being Thankful

Friday 26th Nov 2010,

Dear brother,

I was so busy working I missed Thanks Giving (I also missed like 3 episode of Dexter and a few of Fringe and Glee). I've been working till 11pm daily again.

Anyhow, I made the point every year to celebrate this day, to celebrate life and be thankful for the people who have made impact in my life this year. I know it is a US (Canada) holiday, but I guess in life, it doesn't hurt to stop being a whining bitch for a day, and be thankful.

First and foremost, I am thankful for my family. Mom, Dad, God Dad, you (of course). I know there are so many times I have felt so alone. But life takes distance for one person to realize how precious family is, and how wonderful it is to no longer be on your own.

I also want to thank the people at my work, the amazing Billing guys at BSS project (I know none of them read this page, but that doesn't stop me from being thankful). It was a rough years with many 14-hour-work-day and nights, but being next to them have helped me grow, and learn, a lot.

I am thankful for love. It's been bumpy. And I am very much close to the beginning as I am. But I guess it's the very part of the process. Falling in love. Falling apart. Getting back into love. I was glad I got to feel, to live, to be alive. To love is simply amazing.

Lastly, I am thankful to myself (How narcissistic! I know.). I guess regardless of how old, cynical, and exhausted I feel, at the core of me, I'm still that young idealistic guy that is unafraid of change, and unafraid of living my life the way I want to. I still have the courage to quit my job, fly half way around the world, and search for something that I know that is close to impossible. It maybe naive, but if I had not been naive, I wouldn't have been here today.

So well, brother, it's the season to be thankful. And I am. It's been another year with ups and (a lot of) downs, but I have grown and moved forward a little. Therefore I am thankful.

Sleep tight little one. The world's thankful for your precious presence, too.

Love

No comments:

Post a Comment