Thursday, March 10, 2011

Home

March 10th 2011,

Dear brother

And so it happened. In a month's time, I'll be home. I'll be home to watch over you take your O level. I'll be home to see you on your first day of High school. I'll be home.

It's like fate. I didn't look for it. It looked for me. An opportunity in Vietnam.

Yes, my brother, meet the new Project Manager of an IT Outsourcing in Healthcare domain, which belongs to the 6th largest IPO firm in Vietnam.

Today was the first day the news got out. I resigned from Accenture, my beloved wife of the troubled married. And if anyone ever asks I would still always say it is a great firm. It has little politics on the ground. People are smart and professional. And it gives people opportunity to learn, to grow, to outdo themselves.

But then, it has to be in Singapore, away from home and from love, and I have to be 'just' a programmer...

And so I chose greatness, or a small chance at greatness, to risk it all for that I really want, a leader of a group, a visionary guy,  the problem solving guy, and the entrepreneurial guy.

Mom is scared I will be earning too little (in fact, given it's Vietnam, it's like 3 people my age's salary. Although the tax is insane. Funny to see where all that tax dollars go). My boss suggested that I'm making a career mistake. My friends will miss me. I am scared shitless this maybe a big mistake. But even if it is, I need to make it. At 26, time to be brave and be passionate about something.

And that's all I have to tell you. Be brave. It's your life. People can feel what they feel and tell you what they want. It's your life, and your choices to make. It maybe a mistake, but it's yours, and you learn and become better human from it.

So brother, I will finally be home, to watch over you. To become a man.

I'm coming home...

Love

No comments:

Post a Comment