Thursday, July 28, 2011

Letting go and Moving on

Thursday, 28th July, 2011

Dear brother,

July almost comes to an end. I'm coming home :) I hope i can be a better brother for you this time around. Sorry about my absence.

Today, I want to share with you about Love, hurt, and letting go.

I just realized someone from my past (more than 8 years, I tell you), who used to be in love with me, are still in love with me. As flattering as it may sound, and as good it makes me feel, I just wish the other party could move on. Life's too short to dwell on an impossible love.

I should know. Many times I was at the other end of the spectrum. Wondering what they were doing. Dreaming of one day they would change their mind. Hating them. And then hating yourself for letting them go.

Love does crazy things to people.

As I grow, the recovery time from such hurt shorten. These days it takes me about 2 bottles of wine and a week to be back on my feet (It took me about 5 years to get over TR, 3 years to get over Q). But 8 years. 8 years someone spent thinking that one day I would change my mind, without me even knowing it. I have moved on so fast. They still act as if it was high school.

So brother, be careful. You are starting high school in a month. And high school is a time of all craziness, puppy love, and lots and lots of struggles. Just remember to be kind to others, and yet be kind to yourself. Let go and learn from mistakes, and move ahead. Sometimes giving up is the best option.

 Remember, life is short. A minute dwell on the past or spending on impossible love is a minute wasted from living the present, and meeting new people. They could be the one. It's easy to be obsessed with someone, and attach to them and cling on to them all the love and hate that you have. But be brave. Challenge yourself to the whole new world.

Love is out there. Even though right now I'm in a bit of an emotional mess (all my fault, mind you), I do believe that one day I'd be happy. Loved happy. Not settled happy, pretend happy. Happy

So brother. Love. Love all you can. Hurt all you must. But once you learn to let go and move on, there's true happiness somewhere at the end of the rainbow.

With love

No comments:

Post a Comment