Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Live life without regrets

Wednesday, July 13th, 2011,

Dear bro,

It's been a while.

I'm sorry you didn't get to the high school you wanted. It must be hard. I'm sorry. I wish I could be there with you in this time. I know the feeling of being disappointed in yourself. I know you are a brave mature kid who puts up a straight face, but it is not easy, nonetheless.

I can tell you, though, that it would all be ok. It may look like a step back right now, but it will somehow unfold itself in the future. Just be brave and hang in there, it will be fine eventually. Some day when you look back, maybe when you see this, it would have all been resolved for the better. I'll be back home soon, I promise.

I turned down one job offer from the US itself. I know. It is kinda strange when you wanted to go, and nothing was there. And once you reach a new place, they started coming in. I just know, that I'm not regretting it. I love what I am doing right now. I do miss home, but I guess I'm doing great preparation steps for my careers. It maybe much slower pace than what I am used to, but I shall take this as an opportunity to rest my weary soul and better myself for the next chapters in life.

I made my decisions generally base on one question, "If I die tomorrow, will this be something I would quote as part of my life?". Morbid, I know, but in life when you make decisions knowing that time is short, and you can't afford to hesitate, you'd make one that you won't regret. It might be a mistake, but that's a mistake you need to make.

So brother, hang in there. I know it looks pretty bleak right now the way mom and dad portrait it. But I am with you 100% and we will be ok. I just want you to enjoy your childhood as the amazing kid that you are, and the rest will come in time. I had the luck and the chance to choose my own paths without regrets when I was younger, and I'll do everything within my power for you to have that, too.

With love.


No comments:

Post a Comment