Monday, May 21, 2012

High school

May 21st 2012

Dear brother,

I am glad you are opening up more and more about your life and your struggles with me through our weekly cafe session. I love it and I hope we can continue throughout our lives as brothers. Thank you for trusting me. Thank you.

Yesterday we talked about High school. It's such a difficult time isn't it? When you do so well at something people call you a bragging jerk. When you do poorly at something they made fun of you. When you are nice to a girl they think you like her like her (and thus the boyfriend's threat). When you are nice to a guy they make gay jokes. I'm sorry you have to go through all that.

The good news is, high school doesn't last forever. It ends before you know it. So hang in there and be strong, brother. The bad news is, people from high school don't change after that. There are mean people and bullies everywhere, in life, at work, at supermarkets, etc.

Sometimes, for some, it's easier to drag others down if they are insecure and inferior about themselves, than trying to live up to that person. That's just human nature. Mean people and bullies, especially the rich and powerful ones (like my ex boss) will haunt you and torment you until they have their ways. But then again, brother, good will prevail. It does. Once you stay true to yourself and be who you are, everything will fall into place. They may be rich, but you have your conscience and you can be living a happy simple life. Trust me, that is underrated.

I've been through high school. I've been with bullies. There were times I was the bully myself just desperately trying to fit in. There were genius leaving school and blaming it on me, there was teen gay suicide, there was love triangles, there was me quitting the best team in school for info tech and did history instead, etc. There were many drama. So trust me when I say this "It will all be ok. And at the end of the day, you'd be laughing so hard at what you have been through"

At least I do now

With love

Your big brother

No comments:

Post a Comment