Thursday, August 8, 2013

Pride and Prejudice

Calgary, Aug 8th 2013,

Dear brother,

I met with Gary and Ray today over coffee. And after 6 months of meeting you, they still tell me how much they are impressed with you. Simply not only you speak amazing English (their words "his English is better than you. There's no hint of an accent") but also your knowledge in culture, history and politics. 

I am proud of you. I know you are sick of hearing it from me, but I am indeed proud of you, more than anything or anyone.

I know Vietnamese people we know, including mom and dad, are unreasonably harsh on you and they always say you are too quiet, too "lam li" and not enough social skills. I think they are wrong. You are just an introvert with amazing soul and wonderful wisdom of life.

I know sometimes when we hear negative things about ourselves long enough, we believe it to be true. But trust me brother, you are a great kid, and soon to be a great man. I know of it. I am sure of it. And I am damn proud of it too.

With love
Your brother




No comments:

Post a Comment