Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Almost lovers

Calgary, 13th January 2015

My dear brother,

I found myself back home in Calgary with a severe case of the flu, and a new relationship. Well, we have been "together" for almost a year (We eat dinners, have sex, and watch Criminal Minds frequently), but somehow, we finally took the leap of making it official. It wasn't romantic or anything. I nudged Dannie by asking "Are we together?", and Dannie replied "Yes, perhaps we should stop seeing other people".

Of course, being the romantics that we are (#sarcasm), we each had the whole speech prepared (which also gives space of exits for the others). I think it's pragmatic, and romantic, in a way. Again, this is inappropriate to share with your dude-brother, but I will still share anyways (Because I want to share all of life's major moments with you)

Me to Dannie: "You know Dan as a Caucasian you can be as old as dirt, and young attractive Asians would still fall right into your lap. But I am not with you because you are white Dan. I am with you because you are sexy, intelligent, ambitious, and kind Dan. If we are just sex then I guess I can't compete with that. Possibilities. I can be a better person than someone in some aspects. But there will always be younger, hotter, better people out there on the internet. I am not a cow, and eventually this milk will not be for free. I want to stop looking, hooking up with random people. You can never find what you need if you do not stop looking"

Dannie to me: "I spent a lot of time thinking when you were away. One, I miss you. Two, I really really like you. I love your intellect, and our conversations, and the sex. I want to be with you. You are someone I envision I could potentially spend my life with. I'd like for us to head there. So, maybe we should stop seeing other people."

I thought it was romantic. So, new year, new relationship. My Facebook status update has yet exploded with comments and questions. So I guess it is good. Suddenly the Vietnamese people become so less nosy.

I hope this will last. I hope you will get a chance to meet (and like) Dannie

With love

No comments:

Post a Comment