Sunday, March 21, 2010

Bonds and Fears


To love is to fear.

I almost forgot how nice it is to meet someone new in your life, a friend. I guess it's been so long since I open up to someone outside my very closed circle of friends. It's exciting, and scary, all at the same time.

It's great to have someone you can talk absolutely everything to, someone who just gets you (like my new Dad). It's great to have someone who says "I get it. I'm with you. I will protect you". For once it is not so scary to be vulnerable...

I'm scared. But I'm not scared to show it.

I don't know where this is going. But I'm taking it slow and going with it. I may fall. My heart may break again. I know this risk (just like I know when I told my best friend I'd like to be his god son, not knowing how he'd react to it).

But then I maybe whole, and happy.

In the end, that is what I want. It is worth all the risk in the world to get that.




No comments:

Post a Comment