Wednesday, December 1, 2010

The end of an era

Wednesday 11:15pm, Changi Airport, Singapore

Dear brother,

I am at the airport, waiting to go to Los Angeles for my 6 weeks trip.

I got released from my project. It was so sudden. They handed me the form, asked me to sign, and then that was it. What I fought for for more than a year, I simply got it. I am free. Released. Off.

I'm supposed I should have been more emo about it, if I have more time to process. It was all just so crazy. I worked till 7pm on the last day, and rushed to the airport. It is not sinking in yet.

2 years. 2 whole years of striving so hard for some thing, of being together with people, co-workers, friends. 2 years. Over.

It's the end of an era. And I'm so ready for change. 6 weeks of travelling across the west coast of US, mountains and beaches, snows and sunshine. I'm grateful to be alive.

It is me, being 25, young, restless, fighting to feel alive. I know spending your hard earned bonus of a crazy trip doesn't seem like a good idea. But, it is NOW. It is now that matters. All that matters. I'm single (i.e. alone), and I need to do this for myself before life gets me.

So well, brother, off I go for another journey of my life :)

I know you are probably jealous. But you'll have your chance. THe good side is, I'd probably pay for your future trips, too. LOL.

Love

Brother

No comments:

Post a Comment