Saturday, May 14, 2011

A new journey for us both


Tuesday 10 May 2011
(report due to Blogger error)

Dear brother,

I have to admit, it is scary. A new chapter in life awaits us both.

For you, it's high school. Secondary exams can be intimidating, and scary. Mom's freaked as soon as she heard your literature result. I know you are facing a lot of pressure too. And no matter how much I'm telling you it's all gonna be ok, I know you don't feel that way. 

I was sitting there listening to mom and other mothers discussing the other day about how to squeeze every hour you have to extra classes and jam school to speed up for exams. I understand the insane expectations dad has for you (to be like me, or even better than me). I know I am just being useless by working all the time, and always telling you it will be ok without teaching you (I honestly have forgot all these knowledge). I can only tell you, again, that it's all gonna be ok.

As for me, well, I'm flying tomorrow. For 3 months. I consider it to be like an extended Manager training. I have to start from the ground. I'll start from Coding/Programming (honestly I have forgot most of it, as well). Then I'll need to work with the team to gain their rapport and respect. Then I need to come up with new processes and project plans. And then finally, I can go home to Vietnam and do what I have set out to do: Make a difference!

It is indeed exciting, and scary. And as usual no one is really helping. Here being Vietnam. the processes and the bureaucracy is even slower. But I KNOW I can do it. I know it's all gonna be ok.

Brother, it's important for that in life. Sometimes you feel you are all alone. Sometimes uncertainties and self doubt will creep up to you. Just know, that it's all gonna be ok. Know, that you are more capable than you will ever think you are. It will always be tough, but I trust that you are tougher. That's how achievements are made. 

I am sorry I wasn't be able to be with you as I promised. I wish I could be here for you in this challenging time for you. But know, that I have always been proud of you.

And so, it's a new exciting journey for us all. Let's both be strong and face forward.

With love
 

No comments:

Post a Comment