Monday, May 16, 2011

Oh Happy Day

Monday, 16th May 2011. Oklahoma City, USA

Dear brother

Today has been a very wonderful day. No Monday blue. Just rainbow and little humming birds sing.

The weather is great in Oklahoma City. It's sunny and 12 degree out. The sky is blue, pure blue.

Work has been going great. I'm picking things up quickly, but I'm not killing myself like when I was in Singapore. They work here strictly 8am to 5pm, so I have a lot of personal time for myself. The sun rises at 6:30am and sets at 8:30pm, so I have a long fulfilling day. The air is fresh and the people is pretty friendly. I got home from work and the room is cleaned, the bed is made, and the towels are new.

I just completed the first draft for a business plan/proposal to my boss. It gets me charged up. This is what I do well, to plan, to suggest, to innovate. I hope he will review, feedback, and then ultimately help me execute the plan. I guess this is what it feels like to be a manager. Just as when I was an engineer, I suggest and come up with ideas. Now, the difference is I have the ability and flexibility to take charge, to lead, and to implement them.

I just came back from the gym. I felt refresh and energetic :) I have never been so healthy in my life before.

I also received my new lens. Hooray!!! I'll go to the Botanical garden this weekend to test it out. They have a pretty nice (and big) botanical garden here that costs like $6 to enter, and it's only 5 miles away from where I stay (which I get a free shuttle to go there).

And I got my Kinect. Haha. I'll start with Dance Central tonight. Just hope the machine will not give up on me and say "Your hands and legs cannot and will never sync".

So yeah. It is a happy day. For once it is me that is not emo or dramatic. It's just simply happy. And I just want to note down how grateful I am for days like these.

With love

No comments:

Post a Comment