Monday, May 2, 2011

Leap of Faith?

Dear brother,

I am typing this for you from home.

It has been a roller coaster 2 months. I'm sorry for the lack of notes to you. I was summarizing my time in Singapore as a farewell note. I will store that somewhere for you. Life in Singapore and the lessons that I've learned.

It is amazing to be home. It's a good feeling to be with you, to be your brother, your guide, your young and hip bro who takes u to movies and teach u PS3 games. It was really nice.

And then they asked me to go OKC (USA) for a year, immediately this weekend.

On one hand I am excited to start with real actions with the job. On the other hand, I'm a little scared. I guess it was now at all I have envisioned, being in Vietnam. I am so unprepared for it. Shall I take this leap of faith?

I will have to. What choice do I have?

I guess I had this vision of coming back here, making a difference to people's life, friends and family.

Somehow, I began to realize, no one needs that (i.e. I am not needed here. Even my firm sent me to OKC). It is nice to want to make a difference, but then it is kinda scary to realize there's no difference needed to be made. And I have no right to just keep hopping all over the place, and then come back and ask people to involve me in their lives. In the end, I'm still a lone wanderer.

I am just so sorry I couldn't be here for you more, to guide you through this incredibly difficult years of finishing secondary.

I guess I am not good at being around for the people I love after all...

Maybe I am meant to be on my own.

It's a tough choice, and I hope you would understand when you read this note.

I love you tremendously.

Your bro

No comments:

Post a Comment