Saturday, February 13, 2010

Cung chuc Tan Xuan

Sunday 14th Feb 2010 - Canh Dan 1st

It's a new lunar year. It's a new spring, a new dawn.

Doing a lot of old school traditions things sure brought back nostalgia. Bursting balloons to replace fire-crackers. Lighting incense sticks. Having the whole flowers and fruits offerings. I'm not a big fan of fancy traditions and religious worship, but I guess I'll hang on to this and make sure my children will follow them. We are Vietnamese after all. Please be sure you and your children do the same.

Talking to our relatives overseas made me realize one thing. They have so much to hang on to. Image. Grieve. Angst. Even sadness. Uncle said "In my darkest hour my family wasn't there, you guys weren't there to support me". It made me realize, I don't want to be that guy. The angst is such a heavy thing. I want to see life like water, the past can't be changed. We live and die alone. So I'm gonna stop blaming my friends for not being there, because, somehow, by chance or by will, I wasn't there when a lot of people need me.

I'm making amends. To love. To loved ones. To myself. I guess I deserve better than being a sad bitter lonely guy who can never let go of the past.

So it's spring. And it's Valentines. So well, time to let sadness go and make sure tomorrow is another brand new sunshine day.

May love come in this beautiful year of the Tiger.

With love,

No comments:

Post a Comment