Friday, February 5, 2010

My 25th Birthday

Sat 6th Feb 2010

I knew it was stupid, but I made a birthday wish.

5.2.25.

Cant believe I have occupied the crowded surface of this earth for 25 years. Not exactly a flat and easy road, but definitely a memorable ones. I guess I am thankful to be alive, to still have the second half to go, with many lessons learned and many wonderful surprises and moments to be lived.

For most of the first half I wanted to be someone special, extraordinary, superior and standing out. Now, I just want to be happy.

I just hope I can find someone whose hands fit mine. Mom and friends were making jokes at me and my good friend at the table. And while I was thinking to myself "Why not", I knew for a fact that she's too good for me. Well, I guess I don't deserve someone that whole, because I cant make the person happy. I wish I could be happy. I wish, for once, I could be the whole one, the weak one, the vulnerable one, the selfish one. I wish, for once, someone will stay.

And that's an harder goal to reach...

I wish you'd be there at the finishing line of my life, and yell at me "Brother, you DID it!"

Cheer me on, will ya?

No comments:

Post a Comment