Tuesday, December 29, 2009

2010 Wishes

29 Dec 2009

Dear brother,

I cant believe 2010 is already coming knocking at our door. Seems like yesterday when we were fearing 2000 will be the last of mankind. Now it's already a decade and we are 6.7 billion strong (with about 4.5 annoying and 9 million gays). I thought I give you a break from the lectures and share with you my hopes and wishes for 2010.

2010 I wish for progress. Change. I realized last month I was so freaked out of my new job posting because I was afraid of change, I was afraid of uncertainty. That's not what I am about isn't it? So yah, I'm ready to embrace change and the possibilities it bring. 2009 witness no major change in me, except for the location. So 2010 is all about changing, for the better, I hope.

2010 I wish for solitude and quiet time. 2009 has been all about screaming, yelling, trying to move forward, trying to get the people I care for to notice me. It's too tiring. Time to stop all that struggles altogether. Time to crawl back into my comfort zone with paintings, photographs, and Dharma.

2010 I wish for more time, time to prepare for bigger changes in life. 2009 has been ALL about working. I need to start to study for my MBA entrance, and do all the necessary preparation. I need to prepare for life post-Singapore. I need to lick my wounds and recover to be ready to settle down. I'll be 25 anyway... 1/4 century old, mid-life crisis.

2010 I wish for choices. My contract is sort of due. My study bond is over. I always sort of knew what I HAD to do. But now, by the end of 2010, I wish for the wisdom to know and to CHOOSE what I WANT to do. After mom's visit, it seems all of you will do fine for a while. Perhaps it's time for me to be selfish and really BE what I want, rather than the responsible son I tried to bring myself up to be.

2010 I wish for love. Not necessarily the romance kind. Just the feeling of having someone in my life who cares, whom I can rely on and talk to. Some will never live long enough to find it. I hope I'll find it.

So yah, 2010 is all about ambitions for bigger things in life.

I hope I have enough strength, wisdom and perseverance to get there.

With love,

No comments:

Post a Comment