Saturday, January 16, 2010

Hope


I guess maybe there's hope.

After another round of delay, it seems the project is gonna go live. We are still working 12 hours day and Sundays and Saturdays, but at least there's hope for the end, the finishing line. So it's something we are holding on to. Hope.

There's a promise. Well, not really, it's pretty vague. But it's a promise (for the lack of better word) to compensate people on the sacrifices they made, and the contribution they have given in. It's also a promise for change, for progress for me, personally. I don't really buy in to all of that fancy words, but well, there's Hope.

There're new friends, new bonds. I guess human do enjoy the surface acquaintances and friends rather than deep human connections. Good enough I guess. After all we are all but longing for a little connections that keep us human, but not too much it distracts us from what we want in life. It's hope, but not reality.

There's hope for change.

There're mom, dad, and you. Going home next month for New Year, and my (god damn) birthday excites me. It's hope for a break, for no-work policy, for good night sleep, for togetherness, for love.

And then there's me, your self-centered, semi-depressed, self absorb obnoxious cynic who is incapable of holding on to hope for long.

I just hope this time it lasts longer than the last...


No comments:

Post a Comment